Easy Egg Cups
How healthy are your morning meals? Are you a boxed cereal type of person? Toast and peanut butter? Scrambled eggs? Smoothie or even Avocado Toast? Regardless of your eating habits, these easy egg cups will certainly be a hit for a protein packed, mouth watering breakfast or a simple snack option.
You are what you eat, so don’t be fast, cheap, easy or fake….. unknown.
I discovered these online a while back when we were decreasing our carbohydrate intake. I loved how easy the recipe was and how I could make variations or additions to the recipe. The ingredients were all items I often had in my fridge or pantry so making them in a flash is always quite simple.
Benefits Of Eating Eggs
- Nutritious: Eggs contain Vitamin A, B5, B12, B2, B6 Folate, Phosphorus, Selenium, Zinc, Vitamin D, E, K, and calcium. A single egg can contain 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of healthy fats.
- HDL: They can Raise HDL – the Good cholesterol. HDL in high levels can lower the risk of heart disease
- Antioxidant: Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin which are antioxidants and great for eye health.
- Omega 3: Contains Omega-3 – which are known to reduce triglycerides therefore lower heart disease risks
- Protein Intake: High in Quality Protein
- A source of Iron: the yolks are an excellent source of iron
Add in avocado and ham and you have a great source of protein and healthy fats. A perfect way to start your day and have the proper nutrition your body needs to accomplish all the necessary tasks that may come your way throughout the day.
Easy Egg Cup Recipe:
- Muffin Tray
- Thin ham slices
- Avocado chopped into small wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Additions:
- Bacon bits
- Red pepper flakes
- Hot Sauce
- Green onion
- Spray total number of ‘cups’ in your muffin tray that you wish to have. Place a ham slice in each ‘cup’. Put a small avocado wedge in each ham cup then crack an egg (breaking the yoke) into each ‘cup’. Now, you can top with whichever addition you wish. (In my picture shown, I only added salt and pepper, but I often add bacon bits and/or red pepper flakes for a seasoning).
- Bake at 410 degrees for 20-25 minutes until firm. Let sit and cool for 2-4 minutes.
These Egg Cups are great for breakfast or for a high in protein snack. I often make extras for those need-to-grab-fast healthy snack options. They also keep well in the fridge for 2 days. For other options, click HERE.
Do you have any easy egg recipes? I’d love to read some. If you would like to share your egg recipe with me, please click the link below.