Happy New Year
Happy January. New month. New Year. New goals. How do you bring in the new year? Do you enter in sluggish and tired from too much new years eve partying? Or, do you plan ahead and set dreams and goals for the upcoming new year? What scenario makes a happy new year for you?
Don’t be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so….Belva Davis
Every year, I make a dream board. You can look back on last years blog – Dream Boards – to see what I thought 2021 would bring. This year, I have a lot of the same dreams or goals, but there are a few new ones as well.
Why do a Dream Board?
Simply because striving for a goal or going after a dream keeps you alive. Keeps you productive. Keeps you inspired. Dreams and goals create purpose in your life.
Why write them down?
Writing down your dreams and goals makes them concrete. They have now left your brain and physically on paper (or digital copy). It has become a tangible item that can come true.
Where To Start?
- Get out a piece of paper (or use your Notes app on your iPad/laptop/phone) and write down any goal or dream that comes to mind. Nothing is a bad idea. No dream is wrong.
- Now, categorize them (Travel, Fitness, Family Fun, Couple Time, Finances, Education, Personal Development, Spiritual Goals, Career Plans, etc).
- Find pictures to represent each goal or dream.
- Create your dream board. This can be done either ‘old school’ way via a poster board and cutting out magazine pictures and gluing them onto the board. Or, I have gone the digital route with creating my dream board on my laptop.
Creating your own dream board is fun and creative, so whichever style you choose, have fun with it. 2022 will be an amazing year. Looking back at last years dream board, I may not have achieved my travel goals that year (due to current events), but I did achieve plenty of family goals.
- My husband and I throughout the winter went snow-shoeing every Friday morning that we could
- We did an ‘Escape Room’ board game at home together
- Laughter and Luggage is still going strong with inspiring and informative blogs
- Proverbs 31 is still the core of my being
- I kept up with fitness and gym goals
I did however, change up or add a few items to my board for this year. Date weekend to Quebec City with my wonderful husband, girls spa day, mother son movie night, home reno’s, and do the Adventure Couples Challenge.
Looking at my new Dream Board brings such excitement and joy for the upcoming 2022 year. I cannot wait to see what this year will bring and what dreams and goals I will accomplish – not only on my own – but together with my husband and family.
You will not regret starting this yearly tradition. So, get your paper and pen out (or your iPad) and starting writing down your ideas. Once your dream board is complete, if you feel compelled to share, please email it to to me. I’d love to see it! Click below to send me your dreams.