21 Years Ago….
Do you ever have a moment where you think it occurred just yesterday but in reality, it was two decades ago? That is happening to me (and my husband) right now. Our beautiful daughter is turning twenty-one.
On a snowy Monday morning in December, we made our way to the hospital. Remembering back, I was so nervous. Not only about the delivery (we were scheduled for a c-section – she was breech), but because they were calling for a big snow storm. We had neighbours that assured us that they would be up and have our driveway cleared (they did) and they also assured us that everything would go smoothly (it did). By 10:12am that morning, our precious baby girl was born. Wrapped in warm blankets, given to my husband to carry up to our hospital room, and sleeping peacefully in Santa’s arms, you were a Christmas gift; a blessing to our souls.
What is so special about little girls?
- They adore their dad and think he is the whole world
- They exhibit the need to twirl in dresses
- They are a princess
- They can melt your heart with their big eyes
- They have an unbreakable bond with their mother
There are plenty of other ‘special’ things regarding little girls. I could go on forever. But! What is special about our little girl? Below is a top 10 list of:
Why Our Daughter is so Special:
- She can make me laugh, make her dad laugh and make her brother laugh.
- Her heart shines kindness to anyone who gets to know her. If you become her friend, you will be a friend for life. She is a blessing to anyone who knows her.
- She is so incredibly smart. Her goal is to be a teacher someday and when she reaches that goal, she will be the best teacher any child could have.
- She is faithful. Faith is her lifeline; her core. Her goodness radiates to the world.
- She has drive and determination. She will get anything completed when she is required to. She works overtime to make sure she excels at whatever the task is.
- She is compassionate and has a heart of gold.
- She absolutely loves her family.
- Her relationship with her brother. They are best friends and she is always looking out for him.
- She is incredibly beautiful. The reason she radiates is not only because her outward appearance is magazine worthy – stunning, but she is just so beautiful on the inside as well.
- Her sense of adventure. She wants to see the world and I know she will fulfill that dream on day.
My list could go on and on. She our Sweetpea. Always has been and always will be. She makes us so proud on a daily basis and the love and bond that we have fills up our hearts to the rim. She amazes us every day.
As you celebrate your 21st birthday, my love…. I wish nothing but the best for you. I know God has great plans for you this year and you will see your dreams come true. You will succeed with at whatever path you choose as you step into adulthood. Any path chosen in faith and with God will lead you to your dream.
Happy birthday Sweetpea. I hope your day continues to be the best that it can be. I love you.